From small stems to big timber, softwood to hardwood, level or sloped ground, John Deere has a disk saw felling head that’s designed for your job. The new FR27 boasts our highest single-cut-capacity, with over 16 percent more accumulation area than the FR24B, making it an excellent choice for large timber. Delivering efficient, multi-stem high-accumulation performance with huge pocket and tall horns, the FS50 and FR50 felling heads are best suited for thinning and high-production plantation harvests. For more versatile applications, the FS22B and FR22B heads are robust enough to handle large trees, with the tree-handling performance to also efficiently accumulate mid-sized timber. If lightweight is a must, the FR21B is our lightest, high-rotation head that is optimized for small to mid-sized timber.
- Wide range of in-house felling head attachments
- Optimized for John Deere carriers
- Heads are factory-installed
- High-rotation heads provide easier placement of bunches
|Cut Capacity||510 mm (20.0 in.)||545 mm (21.5 in.)||559 mm (22.0 in.)||
690 mm (27.2 in.)
|Accumulation Area||0.64 m2 (6.9 sq ft)||0.46 m2 (5.0 sq ft)||0.48 m2 (5.2 sq ft)||0.70 m2 (7.5 sq ft)|
|Ideal Timber Range||150-350 mm (6-14 in.)||250-460 mm (10-18 in.)||300-500 mm (12-20 in.)||460-660 mm (18-26 in.)|
|Typical Application||Plantation, thinning, and select cut||Select cut and final felling||Select cut and final felling||Final felling and swamp logging (swell)|
|Typical Operation||High accumulation
|Weight||3,370 kg (7,430 lb.)||3,660 kg (8,070 lb.)||3,140 kg (6,920 lb.)||3,550 kg (7,830 lb.)||3,840 kg (8,470 lb.)||4,250 kg (9,370 lb.)|
||30 degrees||312 degrees||302 degrees||30 degrees||312 degrees||295 degrees|
Felling head specs
Operating for long hours is common. As the day goes on, maintaining consistent productivity is important. One factor in keeping high, consistent productivity is a comfortable operating environment. The M-series boasts greatly increased window area for better visibility and more cab space over prior models. Low-effort electrohydraulic (EH) controls allow you to customize the button and lever layout to your preference and save your settings when switching between operators.
- Large and spacious operator station designed with operator input
- Ergonomic controls and increased cab volume over prior models
- Floor-to-ceiling front window, large side windows, skylight, and optional floor window (standard on leveling machines) significantly expands operator visibility
- Optional heated and ventilated seat
Now included in base machine, the JDLink telematic system provides the foundation for John Deere’s Precision Forestry solutions. These systems help optimize your machine, your uptime, and your jobsites, which ultimately lead to improved production efficiency.
- JDLink connectivity enables you to view several parameters of your machine, including its location, fuel level, average fuel burn rate, idle time, machine utilization, and much more
- When enabled, John Deere Connected Support™ allows the dealer to provide remote diagnostics, rapid service response with the right part in hand, and parts availability; all to maximize machine uptime
- John Deere’s centralized Machine Health Monitoring Center analyzes data from thousands of connected machines, identifies trends, and develops recommended actions to help prevent downtime
- TimberMatic Maps gives enhanced visibility to the jobsite, which streamlines communication and increases efficiency
- TimberManager™ provides remote visibility to your operation from any device, allowing you to make smart business decisions based on real-time production data
Easy access to service components helps operators perform daily checks and any scheduled maintenance, which helps minimize unplanned downtime and costly repairs down the road. The 900M-series tracked machines feature a fully opened enclosure and service doors for excellent access to all scheduled maintenance areas.
- Smart debris management designed to keep your workspace free and clear
- Variable-speed reversing fan helps minimize debris build-up in the cooling package
- Swing-out doors provide wide-open access to the cooling package
- Optional vacuum pump for convenient servicing of hydraulic components
- Grease banks for servicing hard-to-reach joints
- Large fuel tank extends intervals between fill-ups
- Remote diagnostics and machine monitoring with JDLink™
- Available side walkways provide direct access to the enclosure from the operator station*
*Side walkways are optional features on 903M, 953M, and 953MH models
The M-series undercarriage is purpose built to handle severe forestry applications while maintaining maneuverability, especially in thinning operations. The track frames are shaped to deflect debris while also providing strength and stability.
- Long, wide undercarriage provides solid balance to maximize stability
- Exceptional tractive effort for negotiating difficult or steep terrain, deep snow, and swamps
- Optional closed-loop hydrostatic drive on 800M/MH models for increased multifunctioning performance
- Various track pad widths and grouser types are offered to best suit the machine to its application
- Optional tri-track helps prevent premature wear due to track twisting