Simplified routing of the electrical and hydraulic systems helps boost reliability and ease maintenance. Wiring and hoses are placed for protection against wear and damaging bends.
Standard 2.07-square-meter (22.3 square foot) grapple on the 948L-II helps you deliver more wood to the landing with fewer skids. Grapple squeeze force provides a constant pressure, so operators are less likely to lose a log, even if a load gets jarred.
The easy-to-use CVT transmission automatically senses the load and delivers more torque and tractive effort as needed to maintain the desired speed.
New steering sensors control articulation speed when nearing frame-to-frame contact, cushioning impact during full articulation and to enhancing operator comfort.
Standard Outboard-Extreme axles are designed with larger components to deliver maximum jobsite durability, along with a heavier weight to boost machine stability.
Take the guesswork out of planning, implementing, and monitoring your logging operation. The tools of our production-planning and -tracking system expand on the core technology features that come standard in every John Deere Forestry machine to unleash a powerful new array of possibilities:
- TimberMatic™ Maps is an innovative onboard software solution that helps you reimagine your jobsites. Real-time production views, optimized routes, and shared wireless connections between machines make it easier than ever before to take your forestry operation to the next level.
- TimberManager™ is a web-based solution for PCs, tablets, and mobile phones that allows you to follow jobsite progress. Combined with TimberMatic Maps, this software provides complete visibility of your operation — from land harvested to specific machines — so you can streamline communication, analyze tasks, and increase productivity.
Your John Deere Forestry machine arrives from the factory equipped with a powerful set of technologies and capabilities already built in:
- JDLink™ connectivity lets you track your equipment, see which machines are working, and know if they’re being utilized properly and at maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Enabled through JDLink, John Deere Connected Support leverages a suite of dealer and factory tools designed to deliver increased uptime and productivity, and lower daily operating costs.
- Remote Diagnostics and Programming Capability within John Deere Connected Support helps your dealer warn you of any issue with your machine — often before you know of the problem yourself — and initiate solutions without charging you for a technician’s visit to your jobsite.
- Our advanced dual approach to Machine Health combines the expertise of the technology specialists at our dealerships with the data specialists at our central Machine Health Monitoring Center (MHMC).