Shovel Logger/Directional Feller - 959ML
- Peak Power: 246 kW (330 hp)
- Max. Boom Reach: 10.34 m (33 ft. 11 in.) – Directional Feller
- Max. Boom Reach: 11.00 m (36 ft. 1 in.) – Live Heel Shovel Logger
- Tractive Effort: 373 kN (83,880 lbf)
- Swing Torque: 110,170 Nm (81,257 lb.-ft.)
- Tail Swing: 3.18 m (10 ft. 5 in.)
John Deere PowerTech™ 9.0-L diesel engine delivers low total fluid consumption and high dependability.
- 959ML allows for a directional felling head or a grapple and live-heel boom for shovel-logging applications.
- The 959ML Shovel Logger can easily grab all logs within reach when working either uphill or downhill, minimizing overall ground disturbance.
- FL100 Directional Felling Head delivers outstanding grapple capability, arm durability, and rotate/tilt power.
- Long 36-foot live-heel shovel-logger boom features a wide swath of 20 feet 5 inches, for more capability with less machine movement in hard-to-access areas. Powerful 30- and 34-foot booms for directional felling over a wide swath, up or down the slope, cut widths of up to just over 20 feet.
Reliable tractive effort enables maneuverable negotiation of difficult terrain, deep snow, and steep slopes. Long and wide undercarriage with expansive leveling envelope maximizes stability in all terrain conditions.
- Spacious climate-controlled cab features expansive jobsite visibility, ergonomic controls, and standard fully adjustable suspension seat.
- Optional state-of-the-art slope-monitoring system measures the actual ground-slope angle the machine is working on and displays it on the in-cab monitor.
Take the guesswork out of planning, implementing, and monitoring your logging operation. The tools of our production-planning and -tracking system expand on the core technology features that come standard in every John Deere Forestry machine to unleash a powerful new array of possibilities:
- TimberMatic™ Maps is an innovative onboard software solution that helps you reimagine your jobsites. Real-time production views, optimized routes, and shared wireless connections between machines make it easier than ever before to take your forestry operation to the next level.
- TimberManager™ is a web-based solution for PCs, tablets, and mobile phones that allows you to follow jobsite progress. Combined with TimberMatic Maps, this software provides complete visibility of your operation — from land harvested to specific machines — so you can streamline communication, analyze tasks, and increase productivity.
Your John Deere Forestry machine arrives from the factory equipped with a powerful set of technologies and capabilities already built in:
- JDLink™ connectivity lets you track your equipment, see which machines are working, and know if they’re being utilized properly and at maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Enabled through JDLink, John Deere Connected Support leverages a suite of dealer and factory tools designed to deliver increased uptime and productivity, and lower daily operating costs.
- Remote Diagnostics and Programming Capability within John Deere Connected Support helps your dealer warn you of any issue with your machine — often before you know of the problem yourself — and initiate solutions without charging you for a technician’s visit to your jobsite.
- Our advanced dual approach to Machine Health combines the expertise of the technology specialists at our dealerships with the data specialists at our central Machine Health Monitoring Center (MHMC).